BlackRock is hiring within their data services team in Seattle. Qualified candidates are encouraged to connect with Andrew Kaban (email@example.com) for an introduction before applying.
The role sits in Business Operations within BlackRock Data Service (BDS) which is a centralized data group dedicated to ensuring that all information required for the investment management process including positions, security data, pricing, risk, cash, net asset value (NAV), performance and compliance are delivered through the Green Package consistently, accurately and on a timely basis.
- Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills and an ability to identify problems, design and articulate solutions and implement change.
- Knowledge of financial products in Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives, and familiarity with Risk analytics such as Durations, Spreads, Beta and VaR would be an advantage.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships with stakeholders.
- Technical skills (SQL, UNIX, Python and PERL) are preferred but not necessary.
- Must be detail orientated, possess initiative and work well under pressure.
- Degree in Finance, Engineering or Technology would be preferred.
- Given that the nature of this role is Finance and Technology (FinTech) centric, we would like candidates who demonstrate an aptitude for learning these aspects of the job.