The year is off to a great start at Latinos in Finance! We'd like to provide you with an update on our most recent FinTech event, as well as a calendar of events that LIF members will be attending in the month of March.
FinTech: The Future of Finance Update
Latinos in Finance, in partnership with the San Francisco ALPFA Chapter, hosted over 60 attendees at KPMG's San Francisco office to learn about the current state, and future, of Financial Technology (FinTech). The event provided an introduction to FinTech, and covered the current organizations paving the way for a new financial landscape. The event also highlighted different paths that students and young professionals can take to pursue a career in FinTech. We'd like to extend a special thank you to the moderator and panelists for contributing their knowledge and expertise during the event.
- 2016 Leadership Convening and HIPGiver Gala - Thursday, March 10th from 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM - Join members of LIF as we attend Hispanics in Philanthropy's (HIP's) 2016 Gala. This year's HIPGivers include Wilmer Valderrama (actor & producer), Arturo Castro (actor), Juan Felipe Herrera (U.S. Poet Laureate), and Eliseo Perez-Stable (Director of the National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities), among others. Ramon Murguia (Trustee, W.K. Kellogg Foundation & Owner of Murguia Law Firm) will be hosting a panel - "Leading Chage"- focused on bringing diverse perspectives to your leadership style. Ana Marie Argilagos (Senior Advisor at the Ford Foundation) will focus on strategies for building sustainable and inclusive communities in her panel "Navigating Complex Relationships." This year's event will take place at the Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa. Click here to register and learn more about the event. Clickhere to learn more about HIP.
- Schwab Networking Event - Thursday, March 10th from 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM - Schwab is hosting an exclusive networking event in San Francisco for professionals interested in pursuing a wealth management career. Come to this event to network with local Schwab employees while learning more about the Company's culture, opportunities and hiring process. As this event is invite-only, those interested should contact LIF board member Juan Barroso at JuanAntonio.Barroso@schwab.com to RSVP. Click here to view the event brochure. Click here to learn more about employment opportunities currently available at Schwab.
- LIF Networking Event - Thursday, March 24th from 6:00 PM - 8:00PM - Join members of Latinos in Finance for our quarterly networking event at the Press Club in San Francisco. Please visit our event page to learn more about the event and RSVP.
- Executive Presence - Tuesday, April 19th from 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Save the date for the event "Executive Presence," sponsored by Deloitte, and co-hosted by Latinos In Finance. Noni Allwood will be leading a presentation focused on building executive presence within your career and community. Noni Allwood has more than 15 years of executive experience with Fortune 500 companies, most notably at Tandem Corporation and Cisco Systems, where she served as the senior director of diversity and inclusion. This event will be followed by a networking session, where attendees can connect with Deloitte professionals and Latinos In Finance members. RSVP to attend this event at Deloitte's San Francisco offices by e-mailing Gustavo Mena at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Highlighted Job Openings
Click on the links below to learn more about new job opportunities currently available at CalPERS:
- Private Equity (PE) is recruiting to fill one Investment Officer II position. Applications will be accepted until the close of business on 4/13/2016.
- Private Equity (PE) is recruiting to fill one Investment Officer II position. Applications will be accepted until the close of business on 3/22/2016.
- Global Equity (GE) is recruiting to fill one Investment Officer III position. Applications will be accepted until the close of business on 3/15/2016.